Monday, December 8, 2014

An Introduction...

My name is Chelsea.
I'm a 22-year-old multitasker who loves to read, write and consume coffee.
I'm currently employed at 4 locations, but my main full-time job is as an editorial writer for my local newspaper.
My passion is people. My days just aren't complete if I'm not interacting with new people, reaching out and helping someone. Sometimes a kind word or smile is all it takes.

But what I'm really here to talk about is my life as a mom.
But I'm not a real mom. At least, that's what complete strangers, family and friends like to point out.
I'm a pseudo-mom.
I don't have children of my own, but I do have children.

I am in a relationship with a man who isn't my husband (GASP)
and we have partial custody of his two beautiful children.

There are many reasons, I feel, that the pseudo-mom is underappreciated.
The list includes:  Ex-Wives, Birth Moms, Birth Grandparents and Family friends that feel entitled.

The great news about children is that nobody TRULY owns them. Children are a beautiful, special form of life that is fleeting and rare in its rawest form.
And because they are such beautiful beings, it leads to a tug-of-war of hearts, emotions tangling all in the quest to call them "MINE."

I'm here to tell you that I will never own these children.
These children own me.

They are my decision to stay home when I want to go out with friends.
They are the whisper that tells me to find a steady job, one that will allow time at home.
They are the broken toys, the paint on the floor, the crayons in my dog's mouth and the spirit in the home.

But these children will never be mine.
And I'm on the quest to find my place in a society that values possession over true, raw, self-sacrificing, unconditional love.

With this blog, I hope to find an outlet for my tears, fears and dreams. I hope that I can share experiences that are powerful and raw and that you will judge me. But, I also hope that many of you will find comfort in a shared experience.

Because, at the end of the day, we are all beings made up, collectively of smaller things that are shared on this Earth. I hope my stories can entertain you, and I hope these tales find you well.

Please watch for more posts, as I will update you on when, where, what I will be posting.

And if you have any suggestions, I'm open for that, too!

"Do what you want and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind." <3

2 comments:

  1. You are truly an amazing person and MOTHER Chelsea! This is absolutely beautiful! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are truly an amazing person and MOTHER Chelsea! This is absolutely beautiful! 💕

    ReplyDelete